Print & Frame
Print & Frame Designer
Dispatched in 1-3 Working Days & Free Delivery over £ 50.00 Exc VAT *exclusions apply
Let's Get Started
The easyFrame print and frame service allows you to quickly and efficiently upload your favourite pictures to our website, and to have them printed, framed and dispatched to your door within just 3 full working days. Don't forget we offer free delivery on orders over £50 net(excluding UK Isles and some areas of Scotland).
It really is easy; all you need to do is upload your digital image or select an image from your account image gallery, and adjust the width and height if you need to. By changing one dimension(width or height), our website will automatically adjust the other dimension so that the image proportions are maintained. Our website will advise you of the maximum print size based on the resolution of the uploaded image.
Next, select your paper type and colourisation. We offer a choice of semi-matt, fine art or metallic paper. Our recommendations would be to use either of the photographic papers for photographics images and one of the fine art papers for anything hand drawn. Images can be colourised in black and white, sepia and original formats. You can then select single or double mount if needed, along with mount colour options.
Finally, choose the style and colour of your frame and the type of glazing you would like to use, and add any extras such as clips, tape, or hooks before reviewing your order. The visualisation will update as you make changes so you can get a very good idea of what the finished product will look like. After you have made you selections, all you need to do is sit back and wait for your newly framed image to be delivered to your door!
Image Upload & Sizes
You have two options to upload an image to our website.
- Click the Browse button to locate the file on your computer or mobile device. Wait for a few seconds whilst our website checks the images is suitable for printing. Once you can se a thumbnail of the image, just click the Upload button to sent it too our server. Once uploaded, you will see the image on the right and will be able to select further options.
- If you have a Free Online Account, you can upload images to your own personal gallery. Once activated, you will see an Image Gallery button - just click this button to view all your uploaded images that are suitable for printing.
Once you have chosen an image to use, the maximum size will be displayed. You can amend either the width or the height in the relevant boxes. Our website will automatically maintain the pixel ratio of the image, so changing one side will mean the opposite side is also changed.
Please remember we only prevent low resolution images being uploaded. If your image is poor quality for any other reason, the finished print will also be poor quality.
We offer a choice of semi matt, fine art or metallic paper. Our recommendations would be to use either of the photographic papers for photographic images and one of the fine art papers for anything hand drawn. Images can be colourised in black and white, sepia and original formats.
- Semi Matt Photographic Paper - A premium weight, microporous coated, semi matte photo paper that's ideal for photographic reproductions at the highest quality. The coating is designed to achieve the maximum colour gamut from piezo pigment printers. Instant drying, smudge resistant and universally compatible. Our preferred choice for any photographic work or imagery where colour and definition is of upmost importance.
- Titanium Luster Metallic Paper - Titanium Lustre has a beautiful pronounced textured finish on a heavyweight 280gsm silver resin coated base. This new photo paper truly resembles the look, feel and print quality of a metallic surface with its high silver pigment content - this is NOT one of the much less impressive 'pearlescent' papers on the market which is simply an 'effect' on the coating - the base of Titanium really does look like silver!! Incredible detail and clarity is achievable delivering stunning high resolution visual impact and making your images just jump off the paper. Its great tonal range, wide colour gamut and high D-max works extremely well with images that have vibrant colours, deep blacks or containing reflective metal surfaces such as chrome, silver or even gold! Everyday objects such as watches, jewellery, glass, metalwork and mirrors come to life with almost a 3D effect. Fully compatible with both dye and pigment inks. Try printing your black and white images on this surface - you will not believe what you can achieve in the tonal highlights and greys. And, if you print HDR images on this surface, you have just taken your print output to another level altogether! We have many customers already reporting winning prestigious print awards because the paper is so different to anything else the judges have ever seen!
- Ultra Smooth Fine Art Paper - A 100% cotton rag paper with an enhanced whiter 310gsm base. This acid-free paper upholds the appearance of high-key detail and colours to an exceptional standard. It has a high gamut volume and good ability to return a smooth gradation of skin tone. Works extremely well with images that exhibit a lot of shadow detail and wide colour spectrum making it a good fine art choice for monochrome
- Textured Fine Art Paper - A wonderfully textured watercolour paper for any artist wishing to reproduce realistic artworks and drawings in a digital format. With a 250gsm heavyweight base, this matt coated media brings out all the original subtle and gritty detail and creativity of your work whether you use pigment or dye inks. Its natural white, OBA free base has a wide colour gamut and super sharpness and definition. Exceptional Dmax readings and a very wide colour gamut make this a true favourite for any fine art sketches, paintings and digital fine art photography printing where impressive textured detail is needed. A high level of colour vibrancy and sharpness can be obtained and the resilient surface coating is resistant to scratches and scuffing.
What Is A Mount And Do You Want One?
A mount is the coloured surround that goes around your artwork before being fitted inside the picture frame. A mount is optional and is best used to visually enhance the finished framed picture.
The images below show a graphical example of how the same image with look with and without a mount.
Framed without Mount
Framed with Single Mount
Framed with Double Mount
Single or Double Mount?
If you opt to have a mount you can select between one or two layers(single or double). By selecting two layers you will create a double mount that can be the same or contrasting colours. The general rule is that the bottom mount would be a darker colour which picks out a dominate colour in the artwork, whilst the top mount would be a lighter, neutral colour. If you do not require a mount just select "No Mounts".
Picture Frame Selection
The frame is the wooden or metal edging that encases your artwork and the glazing/backing.
We have a range of around 500 different frame styles to choose from. To obtain a price for a particular frame just click on the moulding image and check the price above the visualisation or in the order review. Every frame is priced differently and we have tried to cover all budgets from very basic/simple frames to beautiful hand finished mouldings fit for any masterpiece.
Some moulding are not suitable for larger frames and therefore each moulding has a limit to how big we can make the frame. Our website will automatically remove mouldings that we deem unsuitable for the sizes you enter. Therefore you cannot order very thin wooden profiles for large frames as they will simply fall to pieces
You can use the sort options to arrange the moulding types by price or width to make searching for your perfect frame easier.
Click on the icon by each moulding name to view all the information available, including width, height, rebate depth and material, as well as more images. Please note that the moulding rebate will overlap the glazing, artwork & backing to ensure it doesn't fall out. The rebate overlap does vary between moulding but it is approximately 5mm. You also have the option to order a small sample selection by clicking the 'Order Sample' link in the detailed information window. A small charge is applicable for samples to cover our postage costs.
Hopefully every moulding you can see is available and in stock as we remove all moulding which are out of stock using an automated system which updates every 30 minutes. Discrepancies are very rare but we will contact you with options if a moulding is out of stock.
The glazing, aka glass, is the protective front of the picture frame that covers your artwork, and is essential for the majority of framing work. We offer four different glazing options for your custom made picture frame.
- 1.8mm Clear Acrylic Glazing - Premium quality acrylic glazing which offers higher light transmission properties & better UV protection when compared with standard glass. Our default/standard option and suitable for everything that requires glazing.
- 2mm Anti Reflective UV100 Plexiglas Gallery - UV protection greater than 99.7%, Light Transmission of over 92%, No Inherent Colour(such as greenish or greyish tinge) and increased break resistance - Data Sheet. Anti Reflective has a diffused finish and WILL reduce the clarity of the artwork by making it duller. We only recommend this glazing if you specifically need to prevent glare and reflections, i.e. your picture is in a window or close to a light. Anti Reflective Glazing is not recommended if you are framing with a mount as it will be spaced away from your artwork which reduces the clarity further.
- 3mm Clear UV100 Plexiglas Gallery - UV protection greater than 99.7%, Light Transmission of over 92%, No Inherent Colour(such as greenish or greyish tinge) and increased break resistance - Data Sheet. 50% thicker than our standard clear acrylic. Suitable and recommended for any valuable or irreplaceable artwork.
Please do not be put off by the term 'Acrylic'. We do not use cheap styrene glazing commonly found in frames imported from the Far East and sold by budget department stores. Our standard 1.8mm Clear Acrylic glazing is far superior to normal glass in many ways. It is visually better than glass by offering a higher level of clarity and it also offers a far greater level of UV protection.
We do not supply glass with any frames that are sent via courier due to the increased risk of breakage. If you are opt to collect your frame from either Bedford or Kettering we will be able to supply glass providing you email this request as soon as your order has been placed.
As you are purchasing a complete framed picture(assuming you select a picture frame), you do not need the majority of the general accessories shown here. You may required some hooks for the wall or you have the option of a Stand Up Back for pictures smaller than 320 X 320mm.