Multi Aperture Print Frame & Mount Designer
Dispatched in 1-3 Working Days & Free Delivery over £ 50.00 Exc VAT *exclusions apply
Let's Get Started
Upload multiple pictures based around the same theme, design the layout and select your perfect framing combination. We will print and frame the images to your specification. All you need to do is hang the picture on your wall a few days later.
Choosing Layout and Sizes
The easiest way to understand how our website works is to have a play around to familarise yourself with the various controls and options.
At EasyFrame, our custom multi picture frames can include up to 64 apertures in a 8x8 layout. You can also fine-tune the sizes of every single aperture, which is good news if you are looking to frame a variety of photos or images in differing sizes.
You should have a general idea of how many apertures you require, the layout you require, and you should have accurate measurements written down for each image for want us to print. When you are ready to start creating your multi aperture layout you will need to click the button directly under the 'Select Layout' text and select the correct number of apertures across and down. Once selected, the size table underneath will refresh to your selected layout, and you will need to enter the individual size for each aperture before clicking the 'Update All Apertures' button.
The visualisation will update as you confirm any changes, and will help you ensure you have entered the details correctly.
Images & Printing
To place an order for a multi aperture printed and framed product you need to sign up for a free online account. Doing so will mean you can upload multiple images to your personal online gallery. These images are stored on our server and can be selected for use with any printed product. If you do not have an online account, you can still use our website to obtain prices for any multi aperture printed and framed product, or you can click on the link to create a new account.
Once you have logged into an account and uploaded images to your gallery, you will see a display of suitable images. Just under the text "Select Image For" you will see an aperture number. Select the aperture number first and then click on the image thumbnail that you would like in this opening. Repeat these steps until each aperture has the correct image displayed. You can return to the previous step to change the layout or aperture sizes as neccessary until you are happy to proceed.
Next you need to decide which style paper you would like. We offer a choice of semi matt, fine art or metallic paper. Our recommendations would be to use either of the photographic papers for photographic images and one of the fine art papers for anything hand drawn. Images can be colourised in black and white, sepia and original formats.
- Semi Matt Photographic Paper - A premium weight, microporous coated, semi matte photo paper that's ideal for photographic reproductions at the highest quality. The coating is designed to achieve the maximum colour gamut from piezo pigment printers. Instant drying, smudge resistant and universally compatible. Our preferred choice for any photographic work or imagery where colour and definition is of upmost importance.
- Titanium Luster Metallic Paper - Titanium Lustre has a beautiful pronounced textured finish on a heavyweight 280gsm silver resin coated base. This new photo paper truly resembles the look, feel and print quality of a metallic surface with its high silver pigment content - this is NOT one of the much less impressive 'pearlescent' papers on the market which is simply an 'effect' on the coating - the base of Titanium really does look like silver!! Incredible detail and clarity is achievable delivering stunning high resolution visual impact and making your images just jump off the paper. Its great tonal range, wide colour gamut and high D-max works extremely well with images that have vibrant colours, deep blacks or containing reflective metal surfaces such as chrome, silver or even gold! Everyday objects such as watches, jewellery, glass, metalwork and mirrors come to life with almost a 3D effect. Fully compatible with both dye and pigment inks. Try printing your black and white images on this surface - you will not believe what you can achieve in the tonal highlights and greys. And, if you print HDR images on this surface, you have just taken your print output to another level altogether! We have many customers already reporting winning prestigious print awards because the paper is so different to anything else the judges have ever seen!
- Ultra Smooth Fine Art Paper - A 100% cotton rag paper with an enhanced whiter 310gsm base. This acid-free paper upholds the appearance of high-key detail and colours to an exceptional standard. It has a high gamut volume and good ability to return a smooth gradation of skin tone. Works extremely well with images that exhibit a lot of shadow detail and wide colour spectrum making it a good fine art choice for monochrome
- Textured Fine Art Paper - A wonderfully textured watercolour paper for any artist wishing to reproduce realistic artworks and drawings in a digital format. With a 250gsm heavyweight base, this matt coated media brings out all the original subtle and gritty detail and creativity of your work whether you use pigment or dye inks. Its natural white, OBA free base has a wide colour gamut and super sharpness and definition. Exceptional Dmax readings and a very wide colour gamut make this a true favourite for any fine art sketches, paintings and digital fine art photography printing where impressive textured detail is needed. A high level of colour vibrancy and sharpness can be obtained and the resilient surface coating is resistant to scratches and scuffing.
Single or Double Mount?
You can select between a single or double mount using the toggle switch labelled 'Single/Double'.
By selecting a double mount you will be able to choose two colours for the two mount layers, top and bottom. The general rule is that the bottom mount would be a darker colour which picks out a dominate colour in the artwork, whilst the top mount would be a lighter, neutral colour. If you are unsure, just try selecting a double mount and look how the visualisation changes. This will give you a much better understanding of the double mount option.
Mount Border Widths
The border widths can be increased or decreased by changing the value in the relevant box. Changing the border width will amend the width on all 4 sides equally.
The gap between each aperture is set by default to be 50% of the top border width, i.e. if you set the top mount width to 40mm, the gap between each aperture will be 20mm. This is the recommended ratio and keeps the proportions visually correct. However, by deselecting the 'Default Gap' checkbox, you will be able to amend the gap between each aperture as required.
Picture Frame Selection
The most important step in creating your perfect multi aperture frame is choosing the right frame. We stock an excellent variety of wooden and metal frames in white and black, and bright, dark and natural colours. We even offer a selection of ornate, gold, silver and bronze frames, which are perfect for adding a little touch of glamour and sophistication to your room.
The main thing to bear in mind is how well your chosen frame compliments the pictures it will hold, and the interior where it will hang. If you are ordering a fairly large frame holding many images, for instance, it may be a good idea to opt for a framing style that is narrow and minimalist.
We have a range of around 500 different frame styles to choose from. To obtain a price for a particular frame just click on the moulding image and check the price above the visualisation or in the order review. Every frame is priced differently and we have tried to cover all budgets from very basic/simple frames to beautiful hand finished mouldings fit for any masterpiece.
Some mouldings are not suitable for larger frame and therefore each moulding has a limit to how big we can make the frame. Our website will automatically remove moulding that we deem unsuitable for the sizes you enter. Therefore you cannot order very thin wooden profiles for large frames as they will simply fall to pieces.
You can use the sort options to arrange the moulding types by price or width to make searching for your perfect frame easier.
Click on the icon by each moulding name to view all the information available, including width, height, rebate depth and material, as well as more images. Please note that the moulding rebate will overlap the glazing, artwork & backing to ensure it doesn't fall out. The rebate overlap does vary between moulding but it is approximately 5mm. You also have the option to order a small sample selection by clicking the 'Order Sample' link in the detailed information window. A small charge is applicable for samples to cover our postage costs.
Hopefully every moulding you can see is available and in stock as we remove all moulding which are out of stock using an automated system which updates every 30 minutes. Discrepancies are very rare but we will contact you with options if a moulding is out of stock.
The glazing, aka glass, is the protective front of the picture frame that covers your artwork, and is essential for the majority of framing work. We offer four different glazing options for your custom made picture frame.
- 1.8mm Clear Acrylic Glazing - Premium quality acrylic glazing which offers higher light transmission properties & better UV protection when compared with standard glass. Our default/standard option and suitable for everything that requires glazing.
- 2mm Anti Reflective UV100 Plexiglas Gallery - UV protection greater than 99.7%, Light Transmission of over 92%, No Inherent Colour(such as greenish or greyish tinge) and increased break resistance - Data Sheet. Anti Reflective has a diffused finish and WILL reduce the clarity of the artwork by making it duller. We only recommend this glazing if you specifically need to prevent glare and reflections, i.e. your picture is in a window or close to a light. Anti Reflective Glazing is not recommended if you are framing with a mount as it will be spaced away from your artwork which reduces the clarity further.
- 3mm Clear UV100 Plexiglas Gallery - UV protection greater than 99.7%, Light Transmission of over 92%, No Inherent Colour(such as greenish or greyish tinge) and increased break resistance - Data Sheet. 50% thicker than our standard clear acrylic. Suitable and recommended for any valuable or irreplaceable artwork.
Please do not be put off by the term 'Acrylic'. We do not use cheap styrene glazing commonly found in frames imported from the Far East and sold by budget department stores. Our standard 1.8mm Clear Acrylic glazing is far superior to normal glass in many ways. It is visually better than glass by offering a higher level of clarity and it also offers a far greater level of UV protection.
We do not supply glass with any frames that are sent via courier due to the increased risk of breakage. If you are opt to collect your frame from either Bedford or Kettering we will be able to supply glass providing you email this request as soon as your order has been placed.
As you are purchasing a complete framed picture(assuming you select a picture frame), you do not need the majority of the general accessories shown here. You may required some hooks for the wall or you have the option of a Stand Up Back for pictures smaller than 320 X 320mm.